Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Long-Overdue Post

All right, I'm an awful blogger.

I'll be the first to admit it.

I mean, I left you guys out in the cold for almost a month. 

But I swear, I have good reasons.  Life is crazy, particularly when it is in Africa.  Before you roll your eyes at this rote excuse, let me expand.

Not only was I swamped with NaNoWriMo, but we lost our internet for two weeks, are preparing to renovate a house that looks like this, have been hosting a good friend from America for a month, AND I've been repeatedly beaten up by pre-calculus, and everyone but me came down with typhoid.  

My younger sister didn't stop there, however, and got a case of 3+ malaria, which is extremely severe.  Her fever shot up to 105.7 and we had to take her to the hospital.  

Liberian hospitals are a nightmare :P at one point they refused to discharge her even though she was back in good health.

And THAT'S the condensed version of the last 30 days.  It was, unfortunately, a lot worse than this sounds.

But now that my excuses are finished, let's get down to business!  First things first, wrapping up loose ends.  

I finished NaNoWriMo a day early! ^_^


I was overshadowed by my extraordinarily word-count-happy sister, however, who wrote 100,000 words (two novels) in the month of November.  Can you all give her a chorus of YOU'RE COMPLETELY INSANE for me?


Thanks.

The Voice of God still isn't finished, however.  Because my life went even crazier shortly after NaNoWriMo, it's still unfinished and at about 56,000 words.  If I can find the time to write two more chapters, however, the book will be finished.

That being said, I've been hit by 6+ new story ideas in the past month, and I doubt any of them will see the light of day for quite a while.  I still have quite a few things on my plate, though.  Will Vullerman and Tornado C are priorities after the Voice of God is finished, although I plan to take Tornado C at a leisurely pace.

If it sounds hectic, it is.  Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Tomorrow starts my early Christmas break, which is largely due to the fact that I'll be helping with renovations.  We're supposed to move into a new place by the New Year, and it needs a lot of work.  (Prayer would be coveted!)

What about you all?  Finish NaNoWriMo?  If not, never fear!  You've written more than you might have if you hadn't done NaNoWriMo.

All you non-NaNoers, what are you writing now?  Ready for Christmas break?

Fill me in.  I haven't been around for awhile!




3 comments:

Emilyn J Clover said...

Barely finished the race (first time ever participating in Nano!) but didn't finish the novel yet. Got a test tomorrow *cringe* AND a concert for my band. Oh and I'm playing the flute for the first time at my youth group this Wednesday so Please pray I do well! And I got a mysterious book idea that has left me in complete suspense and I also sort of know what my Christmas short story will be this year (for the last two years I've been writing a short story on Christmas Eve and then putting it beneath the Christmas tree unedited). And we'll be doing more baking after that.

Pathfinder said...

She looks so happy in that picture...not.
wow. That's craaazy. I wish I could help.

Hannah Joy said...

That is soooooooo crazy! I'll be praying for you and your fam! I don't blame you for not blogging! You have a lot on your plate.

First, Vren, YOU ARE INSANE! HOW ON EARTH DID YOU PULL 100,000 WORDS OFF???

Second, CONGRATS JAKE AND VREN AND EVERYONE FOR BEING AWESOME AND FINISHING NANO!

Third, man, I can't wait until Christmas break. :-)