Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Dragon is Dead!

Someone, last year, described NaNoWriMo as a dragon.  And the title seems apt, for always heroes go to slay the dragon, to defeat the dragon.  The dragon is a challenge, and likewise, NaNoWriMo is the biggest and baddest dragon of them all.  One of the greatest challenges a writer can face.

And today.

At 6:36 PM (Liberian time).

The dragon—was slain.

50,000 words.

One month.

Finished.

The novel itself isn't finished, but it'll be finished soon.  I'm hoping to stop around 60,000 words. :)   In the meantime, feel free to admire my winner's badge on the right sidebar. ;)

How'd NaNoWriMo go for you all? And to those of you rushing to finish, remember:

GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

8 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

I'm done as of yesterday!!! And done with the story....I'm...pretty happy with it. I mean, it needs some serious rewriting, but at least I did it! :-D

RED~Scribe said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws Epic party* Congrats, Sir Jake, for slaying the dragon! This is your second year winning?

Also, I recently discovered two interesting songs, one Lord of the Rings, the other Doctor Who. I'm curious as to what you think of them.

Charlotte said...

Congratulations Sir Jake.

Anonymous said...

Ha... ha. As of right now I have 7,000 some odd words..... I'll be lucky if I make it to 10K..... November is not the best month for writing, in my experience.

T.D. said...

I love your geronimo :D It makes me happy.

Brianna said...

Good job, Jake!! Nice geronimo.
I'm going for 30,000 and I'm so close.
Nice job slaying the dragon!!

Elizabeth Eiowing said...

Yay Jake!! :D I was done yesterday! I went for 35k :D Now I'm editing and such today.

Unknown said...

Alright! Way to slay the dragon! It's a tough one, that's for sure.