Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Socks of NaNoWriMo! The New Tradition for Epic Elves

Well, it's that time of the year where a new tradition has been birthed among the fires of triumphant victory--and, being a fire, it has spread accordingly.

For those of ye who either cannot understand or do not bother understanding (or know what I am speaking of already) there is a new tradition in the blogosphere regarding NaNoWriMo.

It started with Millard.  He, stepping beyond the bonds of humanity and taking upon himself the role of true epicness, wrote the bold words 'NaNoWriMo'...upon his socks. Putting a picture on his blog, he unknowningly started a chain of events that would spread far and wide...sort of.

Whisper did likewise, having finished NaNoWriMo as well, and wrote NaNoWriMo on her socks.  She was inspired and encouraged by Millard.  But she did something different--she videoed it.

The Director, stepping into the role as an Elf of the Underground, wrote NaNoWriMo on her/his (suddenly I am confused in matter of gender...deja vu, tis Storyteller all over again) socks...multicolored.  Aye.  :|

And now I am following in their footsteps.  I have written NaNoWriMo on my socks--it's the new tradition.  Epic.



I am never going to wear those socks ever again. ;)  Observe--I sealed them in a bag and labeled it accordingly.


(Aye, that is my shadow ye percieve)

I was going to upload a video--I have it here on my computer--but the blasted Blogger program is prohibiting me from doing this.  "An error has occurred" blah blah blah... ;)  I'll try to get it to ye, one way or another... *stubborn gleam in eye*  Ah, this is going to be a long struggle between Computer and Man.  *gives the Blogger program a smack on the head with a random hard object*

*Bwahahaha*  Ah, that was epic. :)  Now ye know what my hand looks like...and my feet and socks. :O  Hope ye enjoyed this little post of mine!  I plan to do this next year. :D

7 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

I feel like I know you so much better now that I've seen your feet!

Haha. Yeah, I know what it's like to wrestle with Bloggie. Tis not the best thing one can do. Just make certain that the video doesn't exceed 100MB and you shouldn't have any problems with it.

whisper said...

HUZZAH!! This post has indeed made me smile! :) I agree with Eldra, I now feel I know you so much better for seeing your socked feet and shadow! :P But I am quite eager to see this video... lol, you wrote NaNoWriMo far more neatly than I... mine got all weird around the end.... >_> But it is a matter of little importance. I am greatly pleased to see that what Millard had begun is impacting the social network, shattering the cultural norm, and making the world a better place. >_>

One,
-whisper

T.D. said...

Awesome, Jake :)

Over the years, there shall be accumulated in each nanowrimo-elf's home.... a collection of marked-up socks.

this was awesome :)

do remember whether I'm a boy or girl yet??

Jake said...

@The Director
My suspicion is a girl, but of course I could not risk another Storyteller incident. I actually referred to 'it' as a guy once... >_> <_< and then a her... Ahhhh Director, ye have yet to learn about the infamous Storyteller Silverloom, possibly one of the most epic Elves to ever walk the halls of the Underground. :D

@Whisper
Neatly? I think the same of ye. ;) I actually grappled with the problem of writing and holding the camera steady at the same time (for the first part of it, I did not succeed) and then, as I shot the video, I realized I did not take the lid off the Sharpie. So ye hear sound effects of me chewing on the lid and eventually pulling it off with my mouth. >_>

@Eldra
It is definitely under 100. :) I think it is Windows Vista acting up again...no comments, no followers, zilch, with Vista. I am tired of it. ;) But I have what I have! I'll try again tomorrow...

Nolan said...

Now that's dedication.

Vrenith said...

I told you to do it in blue sharpie... I already know what your shadow, your feet, AND THE REST OF YOU looks like. :D Give this to blogger for me. *punches Jake's shoulder* He/she should LOVE that.
--Vrenith Sylversmith of Azandarania (lengthy, I know)

momma said...

dude, update your word count!! :)

love,
Mom