Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ebola and Book Releases: A Quick Update on Life and Writing

Hey, readers!  It's Jake again.

Ebola and book releases might be unrelated topics, but they're united in this post: as a result of the recent Ebola outbreak in West Africa (including a massive surge in Liberia, where I live), the release of STASIS may be delayed.  At the very least, it will be released sometime in August.

The Ebola outbreak has hit close to home, with two of my friends and fellow missionaries falling sick.  (My dad and his friend, Dr. Brantly, are pictured in the article I linked to.)  Because Ebola is a typically deadly disease, the news has been devastating for the whole missionary community.

It's been a very rough past few days.  It's been a mess of emotions and stress, and your prayers would be highly appreciated - both for my family and for my two friends who have contracted the virus.

I have had some time for marketing and making banners such as this one, however:


I don't know when exactly STASIS will be released, but I'll be updating the Will Vullerman Facebook page as often as I can.

And again, please pray for Liberia and for the current Ebola outbreak.  I'm sorry I don't have the time or energy for a more in-depth post; however, there are a number of articles from Samaritan's Purse and SIM that sum up the situation very well, with more emotion and clarity than I can muster right now.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Rachelle O'Neil said...

Praying for you guys! God will work through this, no matter the outcome. :)

Bound and Freed said...

Praying -- we serve an awesome God, and you know that.

Wild Horse said...

Praying for your family, friends and country :)

Keturah Lamb said...

Hope everything turns out ok

Keturah Lamb said...

I've got a blog at http://keturahskorner.blogspot.com now :)