Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tip for March 27, 2010; Editing

Although I don't mention them much while posting on Teenage Writer, I have written two other books, although I haven't finished editing either. I'm almost done editing with the first book, but I haven't touched the second since I finished the epilogue.

My dad likes to remind me, "If you don't like editing, you need to learn to. Editing is an essential part of a making a good book," or something along those lines. And he's right.

Anyway, editing is essential. Sometimes, after writing a chapter, I go back and read it again, looking for mistakes and adding clarification. This helps me in the long run, after I finish the novel.

Sometimes, when I read books, and I see a rather awkward paragraph or sequence of words, I think, How could I correct that? Sometimes, that's not a good thing, especially if you're absorbed in an excellent book. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So now a days student are really busy with the chemistry as they can get things via online as it makes things so easy for them. visit the site you'll be get more ideas about the writing help.

aliyaa said...

This is true that editing is very important if we want our content great and without error. Also only here i have seen important points of editing which is quite necessary for excellent book.

Anonymous said...

These editing tips could be useful if you follow them step by step and I think these tips help you out in your work. http://www.biographywritingservices.com/effective-software-engineer-biography-writing/ you'll be find some helpful information about the academic writing service.

Jared Freeman said...

Well, policies are looking me somehow strict but I enjoyed this completely due to your amazing explore the details skills and in future, I would like to take some tips from you.

Joel said...

I utilized your write-ups many times for my assignments and I found it as an important source of information.I want you to carry this process forward.Thanks.