Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tip for March 27, 2010; Editing

Although I don't mention them much while posting on Teenage Writer, I have written two other books, although I haven't finished editing either. I'm almost done editing with the first book, but I haven't touched the second since I finished the epilogue.

My dad likes to remind me, "If you don't like editing, you need to learn to. Editing is an essential part of a making a good book," or something along those lines. And he's right.

Anyway, editing is essential. Sometimes, after writing a chapter, I go back and read it again, looking for mistakes and adding clarification. This helps me in the long run, after I finish the novel.

Sometimes, when I read books, and I see a rather awkward paragraph or sequence of words, I think, How could I correct that? Sometimes, that's not a good thing, especially if you're absorbed in an excellent book. :)

No comments: