Monday, March 8, 2010

Why I Became Writer

I was very much a reader before I became a writer. I devoured all the good books I could get my hands on.

I think the idea of being a writer started about 3rd Grade, although I had attempted to write 'books' before (but they were really just short stories). Somewhere along the way, I decided I wanted to write books just like the ones I read everyday. Writing fascinated me, and so I began to write a little bit more, but none of my 'books' were ever finished, except for one. It was a whopping 7 pages long, but I won't go into the description.

My 'books' began to get a little longer. Late in fourth grade, I had written about 20 pages in my notebook in another 'book', but again, as the others, it came to nothing.

Finally, about two years ago, I embarked on a journey. Actually, my characters did, but the novel that was born started me on the big road of writing.

I worked on it off and on for the next two years, and finally, about six months ago, I finished it. To my surprise, I was actually rather disappointed that it was finished. The feeling was not unlike the feeling I have when I finish a good book and I don't want it to end.

Of course, that's why sequels were invented. I threw myself to work in my sequel, and I finished it only a couple weeks ago. Now I'm hard at work at the third sequel in a trilogy I formed, and even more novel ideas are swimming through my head even now. My father sent me a quote by text a week ago that read, 'Writers never have a vacation. They are always writing or thinking about writing.' This is very true, I have discovered.

For those of you out there who might be a writer that is reading this blog, you probably understand this next paragraph;

An idea for a novel is full of wonderful possibilities. When I think of an idea, I shiver with excitement. I can't resist the prospect of writing another when I've gone through it once already. Leaving the reader in suspense almost makes me laugh. Meeting an old character again is like seeing an old friend. In short, writing is an inexpressible and irrisistable experience. THAT is why I became a writer.

7 comments:

Casey J. Coburn said...

This is so true! And yeah, I know it was posted over a year ago, but I don't care. XP I'm going through every post in this blog if it takes me all week!

Charles Kee said...

Actually there has no fixed thing happened which make to go in this sector but yet I still remember I thought about first writing while I was reading a book. visit the site for the students that is very helpful for the writing services.

Jared Freeman said...

Yes, this is the most common question often asked of writers and I personally got to learn more here from this blog post especially about writing career.thanks for sharing this post.

Jared Freeman said...

Your forum is undoubtedly very informative and sharing so much quality data for useful source of students and it is very helpful for their academic purposes.

Joel said...

I agree with your point of view about writing field and a writer and one can really learn a lot from this article source that is so unique and informative.

Kenneth M. Lundgren said...

Mindblowing information.

Kenneth M. Lundgren said...

Writer is a great occupation for a human life. To become a good writer you have become a good reader first. Thanks for sharing your story to became a good writer. This information should helpful newable writers. Also you can visit our site to hire a best ghost writer from https://www.bestghostwriters.net/hire-the-best-ghostwriter-to-help-you-with-your-assignments. Thanks for sharing.