Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blogoversary & Epic Eloquence

Today my blog is one year old.

One year ago, I created this blog, christened it Teenage Writer, and began to blog.

Things have changed vastly.  Just read my first post; enormously different than what Teenage Writer has become today.  So much has happened.  Writing.  Books.  NaNoWriMo.  The Underground.  Elves.  More writing.  It's crazy.  So much has changed in one year.  I now have friends more inseparable than those in real life; I know writers so much better than what I ever hope to be; I have read amazing books of Christian fantasy; and God has revealed His purpose to me as His wordsmith.

So, in celebration, I shall post a video of one of my favorite characters of all time.  

One thing I admit I value highly (as epicness) in old books is the eloquence of the characters.  Speeches reminiscent of Aragorn and King Theoden.  Quotable quotes.  The stuff you highlight and shout at the sky.

Take a look at this video.  Some of the best eloquence I've seen--I love Cyrano de Bergerac.  If you guys want to read the play, it's available free online (at least on a Kindle app).  [Warning: Cyrano does use the A word once, just so you know.  Otherwise, this is clean.]


"A great nose indicates a great man." ~Cyrano de Bergerac.

This guy is my Facebook profile picture.  Haha.

Happy blogoversary everyone!  What do you guys remember about the crazy journey this blog has taken?  What was the most memorable moment, for you?  When did you start reading this blog?

Signed,

4 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

I found your blog almost a year ago -- when WTB was holding his contest for V&S. And I've never once regretted following it. You probably have the funniest blog I've ever read. God bless you in your next year of blogging!!

Hannah said...

Well...I found this blog because I clicked on your name on the Wingfeather Saga site, and it brought me here. That was only about...uuum...a few months ago I think. I love the tips, and lately have been going over some old ones, copying them into a Word document, and inserting comments into them. They really have got me thinking. :)I also was happy to find another teenage, Christian writer. :)
Anyway, thanks for all you do, and God bless!

Star-Dreamer said...

I found your blog on WTB's blog too, during the V&S givaway. And like Eldra, I haven't regretted following you once. :D Awesome blog! Congrats on achieving one year status in the Blogosphere.

Jake said...

Thanks Eldra! :)

Hey'a Hannah! Feathersaga Wing, (er, Wingfeather Saga), aye? Epic. :) I shall attempt to grab some more tips, but I must find the time. *grumbles*

Thankee, StarDreamer! :) I haven't regretted following ye either.