Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Dangerously Large Tag

Well, Eldra over at her blog did a tag.  A wondrous tag.  A massive tag.  And, she challenged my guts.  Almost...a dare.  Check it out:  "I tag anyone with the guts to even attempt this massive tag."

Well, I couldn't stand NOT to do the tag, so here it is.  In all of its glory, or lack thereof.


1. What’s your word count?
50,971 words.

2. How long until you finish?
Ho hum. See next question.

3. If you have finished, how long did it take you?
One month. I did it for NaNoWriMo. :)

4. Do you have an outline?
Ha! Don't talk to me about outlines. I had one for about a quarter of the book, but it failed and I cast it aside, and ran the race without.

5. Do you have a plot?
If I have a complete novel, I may just have a plot. I hope so.

6. How many words do you typically write a day?
Typically? My writing is like the tide. 'Typically', judging from the last couple of months, I have done little writing, almost none.

7. What was your greatest word count in one day?
Somewhere above 5,000 words.

8. What was your least impressive word count in one day?
Does none count? If not...30 or so words.

9. What inspired you to write?
Reading. Tolkien.  I wished to craft stories like the ones I read, and it evolved from there; first came the short stories, then the multitude of failed novels, none of which had finished, and then, at last, I crafted a real novel.

10. Does your novel/story have a theme song?
*blinks* What? ...I'll have to think about that one.

11. Assign each of your major characters a theme song.
(OO) This could be tricky. Not sure how accurate this will be...
1) Edon Silversword: The Battle of Pelennor Fields (LOTR Soundtrack)
2) Sadai Strontar: "Man in the Moon" by Andrew Landers.
3) Knerath: "You Don't Own Me [Dear X]" by Disciple
4) Tanoath: No idea.

12. Which character is most like you?
Ooh...'tis a tie between Sadai and Edon. Edon is nearer to my age, with a lot of the same characteristics, but Sadai is much like me as well, being a historian who loved books.

13. Which character would you most likely be friends with?
Edon, undoubtedly. Possibly Knerath as well.

14. Do you have a Gary-Stu or Mary Sue character?
Who?

15. Who is your favorite character in your novel?
*headdesk* What a question. I cannot answer, for I show no favoritism. :|

16. Have your characters ever done something completely unexpected?
*cough* Yes.

17. Have you based any of your novel directly on personal experiences?
No.

18. Do you believe in plot bunnies?
No, but I believe in plot rabbits. They work for Procrastination. *furtive glance*

19. Is there magic in your novel/story?
No.

20. Are any holidays celebrated in your novel/story?
Perhaps.

21. Does anyone die?
Yes. Duh.

22. How many cups of coffee/tea have you consumed during your writing experience?
A myriad. A multitude. ...Lots.

23. What is the latest you have stayed up writing?
Past midnight, at least.

24. What is the best line?
Haha, this should be interesting. Hold on a moment while I find it... "I suspect we shall have to go further in if we are to find a way out."  To which it is answered, "That's a terrible philosophy."

25. What is the worst line?
Well, it might be the worst line, but it fits. 'Twas spoken by a demon. "How are you doing today?"

26. Have you dreamed about your novel/story or its characters?
Yes.

27. Does your novel rely heavily on allegory?
Not necessarily. *vague answer*

28. Summarize your novel/story in under fifteen words.
"Edon must warn the people of Arowdae and stop the Dreadman from releasing the Daske." 'Tis fifteen words. I refuse to shorten it.

29. Do you love all your characters?
YES. XD

30. Have you done something sadistic or cruel to your characters specifically to increase your word count?
Yes. Unashamedly.

31. What was the last thing your main character ate?
It wasn't described. It was 'a meal'. Lovely.

32. Describe your main character in three words.
Burdened. Destined. Champion.

33. What would your antagonist dress up as for Halloween?
He doesn't have to dress up. He's the Dreadman. People dress up as HIM.

34. Does anyone in your story go to a place of worship?
Yes. I believe so...

35. How many romantic relationships take place in your novel/story?
None.

36. Are there any explosions in your novel/story?
YES! :D

37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel/story?
Nope.

38. Does your novel take place in a post-apocalyptic world?
Nope.

39. Are there zombies, vampires or werewolves in your novel/story?
I would rather be eaten than put those in my story.

40. Are there witches, wizards or mythological creatures/figures in your novel/story?
No, no, and possibly. MY mythology, or the world's mythology?

41. Is anyone reincarnated?
No...why?

42. Is anyone physically ailed?
At times.

43. Is anyone mentally ill?
I wish. Actually...one character gets close to it. I loved writing that part.

44. Does anyone have swine flu?
Nope. It hasn't yet crossed inter-dimensional barriers.

45. Who has pets in your novel and what are they?
Define pet.

46. Are there angels, demons, or any religious references/figures in your novel/story?
Yes.

47. How about political figures?
Political figures? A king, yes. Advisor, yes.  Obama?  No.


48. Is there incessant drinking?
Nope. My characters are sober.

49. Are there board games? If so, which ones?
*facepalm*

50. Are there any dream sequences?
Yes.

51. Is there humor?
I hope so. :P Then again...not everyone has my...hm...unique sense of humor. ;)

52. Is there tragedy?
You bet.

53. Does anyone have a temper tantrum?
How did you know?  I'm being serious...the answer is yes.

54. How many characters end up single at the end of your novel/story?
All of the ones that were not already married.

55. Is anyone in your novel/story adopted?
Nope.

56. Does anyone in your novel/story wear glasses?
No.

57. Has your novel/story provided insight about your life?
A little.

58. Your personality?
Perhaps a teaspoon.  Or a regular spoon.

59. Has your novel/story inspired anyone?
Considering that few have ever read sections of it--much less the whole novel--I don't think so. I hope it someday will. Hey! Readers! Help me out here. ;)

60. How many people have asked to read your novel/story?
A good number. Besides blogger folks, perhaps a dozen.

61. Have you drawn any of your characters?
You mean, stick figures?

62. Has anyone drawn your characters for you?
You mean, stick figures?

63. Does anyone vomit in your novel/story?
Hmmm...maybe.

64. Does anyone bleed in your novel/story?
Yup.

65. Do any of your characters watch TV?
What's a TV?

66. What size shoe does your main character wear?
No idea. Go ask them yourself.

67. Do any of the characters in your novel/story use a computer?
No.

68. How would you react if your novel/story was erased entirely?
I would freak out. Be sent to the hospital. Hyperventilate. I'd reel into an extreme depression and go though a bout of writing famine. It wouldn't be pretty; this is the revised and *cough* abridged edition of my response.

69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters?
I went through a brief period of heavy emotion. And then, nothing. So, no.

70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters?
This strikes me as an odd question...

71. What advice would you give to a fellow writer?
The more you write, the more you write, the better you write. Basically: the more you write, the more you tend to write. The more you tend to write, the better your writing gets; quality, plot, and all.

72. Describe your ending in three words.
I refuse. This is an outrage. It goes against every writerly bone in my body to give away the ending of my novel. Besides...I'd have to describe it in seven words.

73. Are there any love triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.?
NO.

74. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least stressful, 10 being the most) how does your stress rank?
Right now? Eh. Why am I even answering this? 5, perhaps. I don't know.

75. Was it worth it?
Check back next time, and you'll find out.

I hereby tag any and all who dare set foot on this blog and view themselves as a writer: if you have time, do this tag. Triple dog dare. :|

18 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

Haha! Some great answers there, Sir Jake! Seven words. . . I should have thought of that. And when I read your answer to "How would you react if your novel/story was erased entirely?" out loud, my brother spit his drink across the room, he was laughing so hard. Totally worth it. I wish I'd been able to take a photo of that one.

Ooops. I gave away the ending for my short story, didn't I?

T.D. said...

Why, why, WHY?!??!?!?!!


Gar, now *I* have to do it..... haha, loved the post, Jake! Stay tuned for mine.... *scrambles to blogger*

whisper said...

Great post, Jake! I haven't yet found the time to read it in its entirety, but I was quite amused while skimming over it! I'll read it all as soon as possible.

Dare accepted. :| This looks quite fun.

By the by.... I just had a dream that you were over at my house... you'd come over to try and stop my grandmother from activating this device that would destroy the world. o_O Then we started talking about books. >_> I remember the distinct thought, "This is so cool to finally be talking to Jake in person!" But I couldn't see your features, really; or at least, I do not remember them. Heh, even if I did, I'm sure they'd be quite inaccurate. I once dreamed that I met Millard and he was an eight year old boy with curly brown hair! (OO) In any case, I hope to someday meet you for real. :)

E pluribus unum,
-whisper

RED~Scribe said...

whisper - weird. I, too, have dreamt about meeting Jake several times, but the same thing: I've never seen any distinct features. One time we were climbing a church spire, and another time we were at his house, which actually looks just like my. . . grandmother's house. No, we weren't trying to save the world from being blown away. I just realized how creepy that sounds. Hope Jake doesn't block us from his blog for this.

Vrenith said...

Ah, well--I don't view myself as a writer, but... I guess I'll do it.
Prepare my casket for me! And promise to play my favorite songs at my funeral! Oh, and bring Moby.
--Vrenith

Jake said...

@Eldra
Haha! I hope he didn't have drink come out of his nose...I laughed and spat my rootbeer in a trash can once, and it came out of my nose. O_o

@The Director
'Twas the same way with me. Don't worry...it shall only take two hours. Minimum.

@Whisper & Eldra
(OO) The thought of blocking was in my mind. :| Well, this is certainly a first... ;) Haha, no harm done. I dreamt of the Tribe Party once or twice, but no specific individuals, methinks. This literally had my ROTALing around my living room, however. XD

@Vren
:| You. Are. A Writer. Psh. Don't worry, dying isn't that bad. I do it every once and a while. 'Tis a whole writer thing.

RED~Scribe said...

Glad we could provide such entertainment. I couldn't explain your comment to my family for several minutes due to a laughing fit.

I think I was eaten by a rabbit.

Go Bold said...

I WANT to read your novel!

Aaralyn Allegra said...

Ness dared me to do it...

'twas quite fun, and i love reading others ;) I was laughing a lot.

I really want to read your story :)

Mikaela said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I might just do it...LATER!

Hannah said...

Eldra--sorry to stray from the subject, but I just read your blogger profile--and Sidney Crosby may have gone on to win the cup, but Ovechkin's got more trophies-- 9 to Crosby's 4. And he got an Ovechtrick. Beat that. ;)

Star-Dreamer said...

"47. How about political figures?
Political figures? A king, yes. Advisor, yes. Obama? No."


"72. Describe your ending in three words.
I refuse. This is an outrage. It goes against every writerly bone in my body to give away the ending of my novel. Besides...I'd have to describe it in seven words."

Best two quotes ever! ^_^ I think I snorted when I read the last one and was like, "Why on earth didn't I think of that?!"

Haha! :D

Jake said...

Thanks all! Have fun with the tag. :)

@Star-Dreamer
I try. Haha.

whisper said...

*has finally had time to read all the comments*

*reads them all*

*chortles*

*has nothing more to say*

Jake said...

I am glad you were amused. :)

jolayne said...

wow, that is a long, large tag,
i'll read it tommorow

Never alone
Jolayne

Jake said...

Aye, isn't it? Haha. Good luck getting through it.

Christopher said...

Worst line was hysterical.