For those of you who caught my subtle hintings in my next-to-last post (yeah, I thought they were a wee bit too subtle), this is indeed something monumental, creeping in through the crimson back door.
That is right! Didn't you heart just leap at the sound? The feechies are invading Teenage Writer in the form of a giveaway! Tis the INVASION OF THE FEECHIES GIVEAWAY! :D
The one and only, brand-new paperback: The Charlatan's Boy, a Christian Fantasy with a Southern twang! (You can check out my review of it here.)
Many thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah for the inadvertent opportunity for this giveaway. (They sent it to me on accident and said I could use it for a giveaway. Oh well. ;)
Now, the rules go thus:
1. You must be within the United States or Canada to enter. My apologies, Aussies and European friends (as well as anyone else who is outside of either category). :)
2. You cannot be a sibling. (Those of you who live near me and know me...no secret pacts to evilly steal the prize.) By the way, I forgot to mention that Manny the Magnificent Mooch (mwahahha) managed to make up the title. Wow, alliteration galore.
Now, to the good stuff. Like my other giveaways, I shall conduct this by way of entries. You do yada yada and get yada yada entries into the giveaway. Then, once the giveaway is over, I pop the numbers into the Random Number Generator and poof! We get a winner!
Now, here are the tasks you can undertake to attempt to conquer your opponents and join the feechie side.
1) You can be a follower or follow my blog. Bam. Instant entry.
2) You can blog about the giveaway. Bang. Instant entry. Please give me the link once you've blogged about it via email or a comment below, so I can verify. :) And, should someone come off of your blog and enter my giveaway, you get an extra entry.
3) Now, this is the tricky part. Whoever can find the reference to one following passages of Scripture AND tie it to something in a Christian Fantasy book (believe me, all of them have a tie-in), gets another entry. You may NOT look it up on an online Bible site or anywhere else on the Internet. Believe me, it's just too easy that way. ;) Feel free to scour your Bible, though.
Here are the passages. :) Once someone finds the references AND the tie-in (you cannot get the entry without it) it can no longer be claimed for an entry. So hurry! :O Please make note of this: You can only figure out ONE reference and fantasy tie-in per person. This gets you one entry--you CANNOT get two of the references and tie-ins for two entries, etc.. Please do not spoil it for other seekers. :)
Seek, and you shall find.
"The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
says the LORD."
They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.” If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.3) (this one is the last half of a verse)
"He will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
Good luck! You'll need it. ;) Some of the fantasy tie-in's are rather obscure.
One last note: this giveaway ends February 4th, at 11:59 PM. The winner will be required to send me their address so I can mail the book.
All right, then!