Friday, April 9, 2010

I've been Tagged!

...by Squeaks at Hidden Doorways.


What's tagging? If you get tagged, you can list eight of your favorite books that you'd like to live in for a week, and then go and tag eight other people.

Okay, here it goes (not necessarily in order of importance);

Number 1:
The Bones of Makaidos by Bryan Davis; I would love to meet all the characters, especially Sir Barlow. He is probably my favorite. And the last battle scene in this book is amazing.

Number 2:
Runt the Brave by Daniel Schwabauer; An amazing book. It's based on the David and Goliath story, but that doesn't take away the story at ALL. It's one of the books I call the 'little known modern classics'. It's a hit-you-over-the-head-"I-didn't-expect-such-a-good-book" book. I would love to see Runt defeat GoRec.

Number 3;
The Lamb Among the Stars Series by Chris Walley; I can't pick any of the books out as better than the other, so I'll just put it out as the series. These books rank somewhere on my top ten list of the best books I've read. Out of thousands. It's another of the little known modern classics. I would love to stand side by side with Merral and see the countless number of Krallen attack, and fight alongside him for the entire Assembly of the Worlds.

Number 4;
The Vanishing Sculptor by Donita K. Paul; Wonderful, magical book. I love all the characters, especially Wizard Fenworth. It'd be a dream come true to actually talk with him... not that I'd get much of what he would be saying. :)

Number 5;
The Doctor Dolittle books by Hugh Lofting; Okay, don't start laughing. Seriously, who wouldn't want to talk to animals?

Number 6;
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; This is a great book, no matter how old it is. I'd love to meet Sherlock Holmes. He's just plain amazing.

Number 7;
The Tattooed Rats, by Jerry B. Jenkins; A Christian sci-fi book, about Patch, a persecuted Christian. These are also awesome books.

Number 8;
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain; Yeah, I'd like ta take'a trip down da Mississippi...

And here's the people I've tagged (I'll keep updating them until I get to eight... or less, if I can't find enough);


-Pam (Mom) at Chapter 36
-Alex (Sister) at Behind the Lens
-Wayne Thomas Batson at Enter the Door Within (I still can't believe I was able to do that! :) )

1 comment:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

I admire your bravery Jake!! :P Now I feel somewhat cowardly...

Squeaks.